Friday 7 September 2012

Project "Industrial design - pendant lamp"                      


Several years ago, there was a commercial on greek tv with the moto "now hang your cooking pots up" (τώρα τις κατσαρόλες σας κρεμάστε τες ψηλά) advertising a pre-cooked Bechamel sauce. This commercial came into my mind when my pendant lamp was finished and hanged from the ceiling of my kitchen/living room.


The idea popped into my mind when I first saw these milk pans in the stock shop in my neighborhood. Their colours matched exactly my kitchen/living room colours, so I bought six of them and another three little frying pans in the same colours (of which only two have been used for the pendant) for 2,95 each.






It required a lot of drilling to make a hole in the center of each pan bottom, so that I fix the sockets. Thank god there was already a hole at the edge of every handle, that helped to bring all the pans together with a long screw.



It was extremely difficult for me to do all the wiring, as I didn't have a similar background, but thanks to the contribution of my friend Yannis, I managed to make this work.





No comments:

Post a Comment