Friday 7 September 2012

Project "Wedding in an island-what-to-wear-Dress"


Recently I was invited to the wedding of Eleni, a friend since highschool in Chania - Crete. Hm! What to wear in a wedding next to the pool in a beautiful cretan scenery on a hot August evening? None of my "posh" Karen Millen dresses looked appropriate for the occa sion and it's too difficult to find a summer dress at the end of the season both in Brussels and in London. I had to take a look at what was left from the summer sales. This Marks & Spencer blouse size 10 for 17£  would do with some modifications.



All I had to do, was to add a few centimeters of cloth, in order to turn the blouse into a 

mini-dress and shorten the sleeves a bit, so that it looks more careless and summery. 

30 cm of good quality purple lining (for 14€/m) was all I needed.




I cut 20 cm of lining, I folded it in two and I attached it with pins in the inner side of the blouse, on its original stich. I sewed with light blue thread in my sewing machine, after having sewed the two ends of the folded stripe first. And it looks like this:



Next step, I unstiched the sleeves and as a finishing touch I made a thin belt (3cm wide and 1.50 long) of the same purple lining cloth. After ironing, my dress is ready and looks perfect for the occasion!



A special thanks to Dimitris for his valuable opinion.

1 comment:

  1. εγώ έχω να πώ χίλια ευχαριστώ για την μοναδική εμφάνιση στο γάμο μου και το θεϊκό φόρεμα με το θεϊκό παπούτσι και την θεϊκή τσάντα, τα οποία σε συνδιασμό με όλο το πακέτο έκαναν φοβερή εντύπωση!!! με το καλό και άλλες δημιουργίες!!! :)) <3

    ReplyDelete